If it’s a flooding emergency you should focus on the safety of yourself and your family. Dial 999 if it is an emergency and you or someone else is in danger. If there is flooding to your property, make sure you stay safe and see our Help I’m Flooding page for more information on what to do.
If the flooding is from a highway such as blocked drains or a ditch, a main river or a burst water main or sewer then see our It’s an Emergency page to find the correct organisation to contact and report this.
For all other types of flooding (groundwater, surface water and flooding from small watercourses) use the form below. Please note that this service is not to be used in an emergency situation. We will endeavour to respond to your submission within 21 days.
Flood Investigations –
When are they carried out?
If a reported incident meets the threshold for a formal Section 19 flood investigation, this information may be published publicly online. The following tests are used to decide this:
- Has internal flooding (excluding basements) of five or more residential properties or businesses been experienced within an area of 1km2?
- Has internal flooding of a business premises employing more than 10 people been experienced within an area of 1km2?
- Has internal flooding (excluding basements) of at least one property or business been experienced for one week or longer?
- Has flooding of one or more items of critical infrastructure, which could include hospitals, health centres, clinics, surgeries, colleges, schools, day nurseries, nursing homes, emergency services (police, fire, ambulance) stations, utilities and substations, been experienced?
- Thames Water will investigate all foul sewer flooding affecting the public highway, properties and watercourses.
Caused a transport link to be impassable for the following periods:
- Motorways, trunk roads and major rail links – 2 hours or more
- Class A and B highways and other rail links – 4 hours or more
- Class C highways – 10 hours or more unless the route is the only means of access, or is primary route for critical infrastructure then this is reduced to 4 hours.
- Class U highways – 24 hours or more unless the route is the only means of access, or is primary route for critical infrastructure then this is reduced to 4 hours.