Background - rain drops

It’s an emergency!

What should I do?

If there is a danger to life contact Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service on 999.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service’s main responsibility is saving lives, property and the environment. They will also support other agencies to alleviate flooding as part of a joined up approach as can be seen below.

During a flooding incident you should focus on the safety of yourself and others and stay out of floodwater as it is often not clean and can lead to infections and illness.

See our Help I’m Flooding page for more details on what to do.

Flood Guide 11: What to do in a Flood Emergency

Emergency contacts

See below for other useful emergency contact details for flooding from a highway, watercourse, water pipe or sewer.

Oxfordshire Highways

Oxfordshire Highways

To report flooding relating to a highway such as blocked ditches, blocked drains or flooding on a road call Oxfordshire County Council Floodline or visit the Fix My Street website. Oxfordshire Highways also provide emergency response to flooding by closing roads, setting up diversions, pumping flooded highways, and providing sand bags to properties and communities threatened by flooded highways in accordance with the sandbag policy below.

Oxfordshire County Council – Sandbag Policy and Advice

Tel: 0345 310 1111

National Highways

National Highways

To report flooding on the M40, A34 or A43 (Oxfordshire to Northamptonshire border) contact National Highways.

Tel: 0300 123 5000 (say “Report”)

Environment Agency

Environment Agency

To report flooding from a main river contact the Environment Agency through the Floodline or visit their website. Visit our Flood Risk Map page to see all main rivers in Oxfordshire.

Tel: 0345 988 1188 or 0800 80 70 60

Thames Water Utilities

Thames Water Utilities

To report flooding from a Thames Water burst water main or sewer use the contact details to the right.

Tel: 0800 316 9800 (Select option 2 and then option 2 again)